AADM “Know Your Rights” workshop is designed to help citizens protect their legal rights when interacting with (law enforcement) school or street officers; while on the job or at a public establishment. Attendees will learn more about the Civil Rights Act and how they are both protected and unprotected under current laws and policies.
Next Workshop: 2018 TBA
Til then, always remember your general rights:
- You have the right to remain silent.
- You have the right to refuse to consent to a search of yourself, your car or your home.
- If you are not under arrest, you have the right to calmly leave (as extra precautions you may ask before doing so)
- Regardless of your immigration or citizenship status, you have constitutional rights.
- You have the right to a lawyer if you are arrested.
If you would like to receive more info, attend 2018 Know Your Rights Workshop, or book an AADM educator to host a workshop at your location. Please fill out the form below: